Hello there 👋 This is Kevon and I'm creating Showing Up Right.
Sure ... but why?
This was a real tweet I saw (and edited).
When you're an entrepreneur just getting onto the Internet, you know that growing an audience is attractive. Then you start thinking of new and better ways to get more and more followers.
It represents a follower-craving mindset that puts you and a lot of entrepreneurs in trouble.
By focusing on follower number and engagement metrics, you're chasing after short-term success and become heavily dependent on each posts on social media.
At some point, you'll burn out and just like many people, you'll disappear from the online world and go back to whatever you were doing.
But more so, you're giving up the opportunity to build influence that is sustainable as well as what is most important: accumulating friends & superfans.
This is you if you don't show up right.
☘ 1. Create a personal brand guideline to guide your appearance, behavior, and action
🤝 2. Develop a routine to find and connect with potential friends and superfans
⭐ 3. Design a unique Twitter strategy that suits you
🚀 4. Build an anchor mini-product to foster converations & build influence on a topic
Then ... followers will come. They're your super fans. And You're influential.
It is about doing the right things and building trust and relationships.
This is an actionable handbook (or you can see it as a course) to give you the principles, examples, worksheets, and the actual steps to take to achieve the 4 things above.
This is how you Show Up Right on the Internet.
Cheers, Kevon 🥦
- Didn't have a strategy to build an audience, winged it and hoped it worked
- Weren't sure where your people were. Connected with people that didn't fit
- Spent too much time on Twitter. When you took a break, everything plummeted
- Had a hard time tweeting & creating content. Felt that you couldn't do it
- Couldn't increase tweet engagement & traffic to your products
- Confident who you are and how to take action aligned with yourself
- Know exactly who and where your people are. Connect with the right people
- Spend way less time on Twitter. Only do the right things that move the needle
- Have a system to maintain social media presence. More time for other things
- People still come to you even if you take a short break from social media
I was running a venture-backed startup before and poured my heart into building it. When COVID happened, things became difficult and I decided it was time to stop. I took a break and started to dream about doing things online. But ... there is one problem: I was a nobody on the Internet 💢 No one knew me! I became active on Twitter and started to hustle. I create content, I run courses, I start a community. Over time, I figured out a way to keep going without going insane. I also became known for topics like "Building in Public" and "Making Twitter Friends". The best part? I'm talking about topics I love while I help others move forward in their journey. But all these are extremely difficult. This is why I am creating a step-by-step handbook to help other entrepreneurs get through the tough early days of getting online.
- You already have a way to attract people online and people trust you
- You're interested in making quick money
- Believe in "build it and they'll come" - overly focused on building your product
- You want to set it up so that results magically happen without you putting in the hours
- You are easily swayed by best practices out there. Chasing after what people say works for them
- Just want to sell to people without investing in relationships
- You might or might not already have an online business running, but you don't have an online presence
- You've tried to grow your credibility and following but can't get it to progress
- You're looking to build long-term influence through your work, not quick hacks
- Willing to put in the time & work
- Have an open mind to learn and also the ability to make your own judgement
- Willing to spend time interacting with real people online
- 40+ chapters
- 10+ worksheets
- TBD hours of video tutorials
- 5+ hours of behind the scenes on how Showing Up Right is created in public
- 3+ hours of video content from topic experts
- A supportive online community on Slack
Currently, I'm developing the table of contents for the book. I want to set the direction and learning outcome before diving into expanding the concepts and adding examples.
As of Sep 23, 2021:
You can get involved by commenting directly on the document.
I haven't opened pre-order yet. See FAQ below for pricing-related info.
For now, you can subscribe below as a beta reader to get the latest updates and be at the front of the queue to get the lower price points.
At certain major milestones, I'll reach out to my beta readers to get them to review my handbook/course and share comments and feedback.
You'll play a big part in the entire creation!
Your profile will also show up in the book - as a thank you note from me.
- You said handbook/course?
- That's right. I'm convinced that the best way to share knowledge on a topic is no longer just plain text. There is significant value in bringing in video content, worksheets, or even a community to enhance the learning. While I'm not sure what format the end product will be, I'm fairly sure it is a mix of what I mention here.
- How much will this be?
- I haven't finalized the pricing yet. What I know is:
- It will be tiered pricing (e.g. +$5 for every 20 sales).
- If you subscribe for updates, you'll get notified first which means getting it at the lower price points.
- I'm going to use parity pricing to make it more assessible for people based on their location.
- How long will I have access to the content?
- Forever. You'll also get updates if I upgrade it.
- What if I have more questions?
- Thank you for getting this far! I can be reached on @MeetKevon or email@example.com